These claims forms are writeable PDFs. Download the relevant claim form and complete your details. You can 'save as' a copy or print it out and attach your signature prior to submitting your claim.
Please send your completed claim forms to your broker or directly to us.
Post: Zurich FInancial Services, PO Box 44, Melbourne VIC 3001
You should always inspect your cargo on arrival.
If a loss or damage is discovered upon inspection, you should:
- Take all reasonable steps to minimise any further loss or damage and not dispose of any damaged goods without first giving us the opportunity to inspect it.
- Immediately notify your insurance broker.
- Note the loss or damage on the delivery docket when signing for receipt of the goods from the transport company and/or lodge a written claim against the carrier using your letterhead within three days of the goods being delivered. Here is an example that can be copied onto your letterhead with the relevant details inserted.
- Complete the appropriate claim form.
- The following documents will need to be provided together with the claim form. We do not require the originals unless specifically requested.
- Send completed claim form and relevant documents to your broker or directly to us.
|Australian Transits||Import and Export Transits|
|Local carriers consignment note with terms and conditions on reverse||Good copy/ original||Bill of lading/air way bill with terms and conditions on reverse||Good copy/ original|
|Invoice for the purchase or sale (as applicable) of the goods||Copy||Invoice for the purchase or sale (as applicable) of the goods||Copy|
|Documentation relating to out turn/receipt of goods||Copy||Documentation relating to out turn/receipt of goods||Copy|
|Quote for repairs/replacement||Copy||Quote for repairs/replacement||Copy|
|Your written claim against the carrier||Copy||Freight invoice||Copy|
|Carrier’s reply (if and when received)||Copy||Customs entry documentation||Copy|
|Any non-delivery, or short receipt, credit notes||Copy||Insurance certificate||Original|
|Temperature records (if applicable)||Copy||Your claim against the carrier||Copy|
|Carrier’s reply (if and when received)||Copy|
|Any non-delivery, or short receipt, credit notes||Copy|
|Temperature records (if applicable)||Copy|
Depending on the size or type of loss, we may appoint a surveyor to inspect the goods and gather information. In the event that we do appoint a surveyor, the documents requested above should be made available to them as this will assist in the handling of your claim.
If your loss occurred outside of Australia, you should notify our appointed overseas claims agent. This information can also be found on your insurance certificate.