Goods in Transit Insurance (own vehicles)

Goods in Transit Insurance (own vehicles) is a simple and inexpensive annual cover for major transit risks and theft of goods carried in any vehicle owned and/or operated by the insured and is not restricted to nominated vehicles.

It is particularly suited to small businesses and farmers with one or more vehicles used to collect or deliver goods or livestock.

Annual premium is calculated on the number of vehicles operated, type of goods/livestock carried and the nominated sum insured.

How to apply

Insurance Broker

Get a quote or apply through an insurance broker

Phone NIBA:Find a Broker - Phone NIBA phone number 1300 53 10 73 Find a broker

An insurance broker can help to
determine the most appropriate
insurance for your business needs.


  • Debris removal up to a maximum of $5,000
  • No disposal or sale of branded goods without consent of the Insured.


  • Simple and easy to understand policy wording
  • No need to declare total goods carried
  • No need to nominate vehicles, any registered road vehicle or trailer owned or operated by the Insured is applicable.


Goods in Transit (Own Vehicles) Insurance Policy

Type: pdf (683Kb)

Effective date: 31 August 2013


insurance broker

What are the benefits of an insurance broker?

Good advice is about defining your goals, both immediate and long term, and recommending solutions that fit your circumstances to achieve those goals.

Good advice can:

  • Give you direction & control
  • Save time
  • Manage your risks
  • Stop you making expensive mistakes
  • Give you peace of mind
  • Protect your business
More about brokers 

Download Incoterms PDF 501kb

Businesses with Zurich's authority can

 >>  issue certificates of marine insurance.

our marine experts can help you with insights