Procedure for Home Removals Insurance claims
Moving house can be stressful but we aim to make it easier for you by giving you peace of mind that we have you covered for loss/damage to your household items.
We recommend that you unpack with a minimum of delay on arrival and in the event a loss or damage is discovered, you should:
- Take all reasonable steps to minimise any further loss or damage and not dispose of any damaged goods without first giving us the opportunity to inspect them.
- Immediately notify your insurance broker.
- Note the loss or damage on the delivery docket when signing for receipt of the goods from the transport company and/or lodge a written claim within three days of your household items being delivered against the company you hired to move your effects.
- Complete the appropriate claim form.
- The following documents will need to be provided with the claim form. We do not require the originals unless specifically requested.
Removalist company’s inventory Original Quotation for repairs / replacement Original Consignment/freight/delivery note (showing the terms and conditions) Original Your written claim against the carrier and their reply Copy
- Send completed claim form and relevant documents to your insurance broker.
Depending on the size or type of loss we may appoint a surveyor to inspect the goods and gather information. In the event that we do appoint a surveyor, the documents requested above should be made available to them as this will assist in the handling of your claim.
These claims forms are writeable PDFs. Download the relevant claim form and complete your details online. You can 'save as' a copy or print it out and attach your signature prior to submitting your claim.
Please send your completed claim forms to your broker or directly to us.
By email: email@example.com
By post: PO Box 44 Melbourne VIC 3001
To download PDF files you need Adobe Acrobat Reader (new window).