Electronic Equipment Insurance
Zurich Electronic Equipment Insurance caters for your computer and electronic equipment insurance needs and can be tailored to make the cover suit your requirements.
- Automatic ninety days coverage for acquired equipment similar to the equipment already insured, to the value of $100,000 or 25% of the total sum insured, whichever the lesser
- Cover for equipment on loan that replaces the damaged equipment (but excludes breakdown)
- Reinstatement of sum insured following insured damage
- System manuals costs
- Accountants fees up to $10,000 or 5% of the sum insured, whichever the lesser
- Lease re-establishment costs
- Breakdown cover (where this option is selected) on equipment with individual replacement values up to $100,000, without the requirement of comprehensive maintenance agreements to be in force
- On a total loss basis, the cost of an equivalent item if not more than 6 years old
- No depreciation
- No FSL charged on the breakdown component of the premium.
How to apply
The basic policy can be extended to cover:
- Electronic data restoration costs
- Increased cost of working
- Moveable equipment.
The Policy has no exclusions in relation to:
- Damage due to the breakdown of air conditioning equipment
- Failure of main switchboards
- Damage due to vermin
- Damage caused by voltage peaks or current surge
- Damage caused by operator error and/or misuse
- Overtime and express freight in excess of the amount allowed under any maintenance contract
- Theft (when fire & specified perils cover is selected)
- Damage caused by contamination, pollution, erosion, subsidence, wet and dry rot, dampness of atmosphere or of the variation of temperature, evaporation, inherent vice, latent defect, smoke, error in plan design or specification, faulty workmanship.