Ezicover Income Protection
Sickness & Injury
The cover that you are applying for is Ezicover Income Protection – Sickness & Injury. Sickness & Injury cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to sickness or injury.
If you do not qualify for Sickness & Injury cover, you may be eligible for Essentials or Injury Only cover:
If you are not eligible for Sickness & Injury cover because you are a homemaker, a casual employee, or self-employed and have been in business for less than 12 months, Essentials cover may be available to you. Essentials cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled solely due to sickness or injury and you are unable to work in any occupation and unable to perform at least three of the defined regular daily activities.
If you have a medical condition or history that prevents you from applying for Sickness & Injury cover, Injury only cover may be available. Injury only cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to injury.
- Free cover for the first month
- Available to Australian residents aged 19 – 60
- Monthly payments of up to 75% of pre-disability income (maximum $12,000 per month) paid for up to 5 years (for both Sickness & Injury and Injury only cover) or up to $3,000 per month, paid for up to 2 years (Essentials cover)
- Premiums are generally tax deductible and monthly benefits are generally tax assessable
- 30 day cooling off period
- $500 Return-to-work benefit to help with extra expenses when claim ends (for both Sickness & Injury and Injury only cover)
- Waiver of waiting period and lump sum payment equal to three times the monthly benefit for Heart attack, Cancer or Stroke with no waiting period (for Sickness & Injury cover)
- Insurance premiums waived while a monthly benefit is being paid
- 5% discount if you also have an Ezicover Life Insurance policy
- Worldwide cover 24/7
Cover 24 hours a day, seven days a week, world wide (with the exception of countries where the Australian government has advised against travel to that country at the start of your trip)
- No medical examination required