Why Income Protection?
We often take for granted the lifestyle we live, providing for our family with our ability to maintain steady employment and generate income. But what if this income is compromised by sickness or injury? Zurich Ezicover Income Protection has been designed to act as a safety net by paying a monthly benefit to help maintain your lifestyle whilst you recover. Because your family and lifestyle is worth protecting.
What is Income Protection?
Replaces part of your income if you can't work due to sickness or injury for longer than the waiting period.
Helps you to cover ongoing expenses until you can return to work.
Provides you peace of mind so you can focus on your recovery.
Why Choose Ezicover Income Protection?
Sickness & Injury Cover
Sickness & Injury Cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to sickness, mental health disorder or injury for longer than the chosen waiting period.
If you would like to choose this cover, you can select it on the initial quote page. If you do not qualify for Sickness & Injury Cover, you may still be eligible for Injury Only cover.
Injury Only Cover
Injury Only Cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to injury for longer than the chosen waiting period.
If you would like to choose this cover, you can select it on the initial quote page. Additionally, if you have a medical condition or history that prevents you from applying for Sickness & Injury Cover, Injury Only cover may still be available.
First 30 days are
Get your first month with us for free!
up to $12,000
Get monthly payment up to 70% of your pre-disability income (maximum $12,000 per month) if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury for longer than the chosen waiting period.
Claim Up to
Get monthly payments up to your chosen benefit period (max 5 years) if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury for longer than the chosen waiting period.
We take the stress out of making a claim by keeping the process streamlined and simple, we’ll even waive your insurance premium while we are paying you a monthly benefit
- Generally, premiums you pay for your policy can be claimed as a tax deduction
- Extra 5% discount if you also have an Ezicover Life Insurance policy
- Extra 5.7% discount for premiums paid annually
- Premium waived whilst on claim
- You are covered world-wide 24/7. Exclusions apply^
- Qualifying periods (during which you are not covered) apply for elective, cosmetic and transplant surgery
- Exclusions apply, see the PDS for more information
This is a summary of key features only. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Ezicover Income Protection Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
Ezicover Income Protection is designed for people who have or expect to have financial commitments (such as a mortgage, school fees, medical expenses and living expenses) that they would be unable to pay in the event they could not work and earn an income due to sickness or illness. It is also important that people who take out a policy understand that premiums increase with age and expect to be able to continue to pay premiums for the time-frame they require the insurance.
Generally, as you get older, your premium will increase. We calculate your premium based on your age when you apply for Ezicover products. We re-calculate your premium at each policy anniversary date after your policy commencement date. If you would like an indication of how your premiums will increase in the future, you can alter your date of birth in the quote generator or call us on 1800 394 268 to obtain a 5-year premium projection.
Income Protection in Australia
Perception vs Reality#
How long will your rainy day money last?*
29% of those surveyed would only have savings to meet their expenses for 1 month
How much do you think it costs?
ONLY COSTS 1-3%
of your income#
not 5-10% which is commonly perceived*
Small price to pay for peace of mind#
of your income now can
COVER UP TO 70%
of your income in the future*
Frequently Asked Questions
Ezicover Income Protection can pay you a monthly benefit if you are disabled and unable to work due to injury and/or sickness for longer than the waiting period.
Get in touch with us to make a claim. Follow these steps:
We will tell you if we need more information.
The first payment, for all valid claims, is made 15 days after the waiting period ends, and subsequent payments are made monthly in arrears.
Zurich will not pay a benefit or claim if your disablement occurs as a direct or indirect result of:
- an intentionally self-inflicted injury or attempted suicide
- an uncomplicated pregnancy
- you become unemployed for reasons other than sickness or injury
- war (whether declared or not)
- committing, being involved in or attempting to commit a criminal offence or illicit drug use
- for any period you are incarcerated due to your participation in criminal activity
- any event occurring during travel in countries or regions outside Australia if the Australian government has advised against travel to that country or region at the time of starting the trip. Visit www.dfat.gov.au/travel for more information
- any disqualification, deregistration or restriction placed on you from performing your duties
- any other condition/exclusion agreed with you at time of application, specifically noted on your Policy schedule.
No. Redundancy or loss of job that is not a result of sickness or injury and is not covered.
You can apply at any time to:
- increase or decrease cover
- change your smoking status from smoker to non-smoker
- change the waiting period
- opt in or out of Inflation protection
- request a Cover suspension or Reducing income feature (if the policy has been continuously in-force for at least 12 months)
- change the benefit period
- reinstate cover after cover has lapsed subject to approval
Contact us to make any changes to your policy. In order to consider your request, we may ask for further information. If we agree, we will confirm any changes in writing. Only an authorised member of our staff can agree to change or waive any condition of the policy.
Your policy ends as soon as one of the following happens:
- you cancel the policy
- you die
- we cancel or avoid the policy according to our legal rights
- we cancel the policy because you did not pay your premiums
- the policy anniversary following your 65th birthday.
We will tell you before your policy is going to end, except when you:
- cancel the policy.
No benefits are payable for any event that occurs after the policy ends.
Want to know more?
*Source: Income protection gaps: a rising global challenge, Zurich/Smith School, University of Oxford, November 2015.
#Premium is dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to, your gender, age, income, occupation, cover amount, waiting period and benefit period. Source: https://www.finder.com.au/monthly-cost-of-income-protection
^Cover 24 hours a day, seven days a week, world wide - with the exception of countries where the Australian government has advised against travel to that country at the start of your trip