About Zurich Australia
More than 1,000 employees around Australia work within Zurich work to help customers understand and protect themselves from risk. Headquartered in North Sydney, Zurich Financial Services Australia Ltd is the only global financial services company operating in Australia under a single brand in our core lines of General Insurance and Life and Investments business.
Zurich started operations in Australia in 1961 by acquiring the Commonwealth General Assurance Corporation Ltd (CGA), originally of New South Wales and first incorporated in NSW in 1920.
The General Insurance Code of Practice
Zurich Australian Insurance Limited is a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice. The objectives of the Code are:
- To commit insurers to high standards of service;
- To promote better, more informed relations between insurers and their customers;
- To maintain and promote trust and confidence in the general insurance industry;
- To provide fair and effective mechanisms for the resolution of complaints and disputes between insurers and their customers; and
- To promote continuous improvement of the general insurance industry through education and training.
Type: pdf (187Kb)
Zurich Australian Insurance Limited is a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice
Results & reports
Financial Services Guides
These documents provide information in relation to:
- The financial services we are authorised to provide you under our Australian Financial Services Licenses and the kinds of financial products to which those services relate
- How we, and any other relevant parties, are paid
- The associations we have with the issuers of financial products
- Our internal and external dispute resolution procedures and how you can access them
- How you can give us instructions.
Type: pdf (202Kb)
This Financial Services Guide is an important document which is designed to assist you in deciding whether to use any of the financial services offered by Zurich in Australia.
About Zurich Insurance Group
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in North America and Europe as well as in Asia Pacific, Latin America and other markets.
Founded in 1872, the Group is headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland, and is listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange. Zurich employs approximately 60,000 people, serving customers in more than 170 countries. Mario Greco is the global Chief Executive Officer.
Our extensive global network, bolstered by local expertise, allows Zurich to offer competitive insurance and risk management solutions and services for individuals, small to medium-sized businesses and major multinational companies. We also distribute third-party financial services products.
For the purposes of Prudential Standard GPS110 and LPS110, Zurich Australian Insurance Limited’s (ZAIL’s), Zurich Australia Limited's (ZAL's) and Zurich Financial Services Australia Limited’s (ZFSA’s) Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority capital positions as at 31 December 2015 were:
|Common Equity Tier 1 Capital (pre deductions)||$602m||$1,170m||$750m|
|Deductions from Common Equity Tier 1 Capital||-$39m||-$601m||-$533m|
|Additional Tier 1 Capital||-||-||-|
|Tier 2 Capital||-||-||-|
|Prescribed Capital Amount||$399m||$399m||$78m|
|Capital Adequacy Multiple||141%||143%||278%|