Why Income Protection?
We often take for granted the lifestyle we live, providing for our family with our ability to maintain steady employment and generate income. But what if this income is compromised by sickness or injury? Zurich Ezicover Income Protection has been designed to act as a safety net by paying a monthly benefit to help maintain your lifestyle whilst you recover. Because your family and lifestyle is worth protecting.
What is Income Protection?
Replaces part of your income if you can't work due to sickness or injury for longer than the waiting period.
Helps you to cover ongoing expenses until you can return to work.
Provides you peace of mind so you can focus on your recovery.
Why Choose Ezicover Income Protection?
Sickness & Injury Cover
Sickness & Injury Cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to sickness or injury for longer than the chosen waiting period.
If you would like to choose this cover, you can select it on the initial quote page. If you do not qualify for Sickness & Injury Cover, you may still be eligible for Injury Only cover.
Injury Only Cover
Injury Only Cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to injury for longer than the chosen waiting period.
If you would like to choose this cover, you can select it on the initial quote page. Additionally, if you have a medical condition or history that prevents you from applying for Sickness & Injury Cover, Injury Only cover may still be available.
First Month’s Premium
Get your first month with us for free!
up to $12,000
Get monthly payment up to 75% of your pre-disability income (maximum $12,000 per month) if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury for longer than the chosen waiting period.
Claim Up to
Get monthly payments up to your chosen benefit period (max 5 years) if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury for longer than the chosen waiting period.
We take the stress out of making a claim by keeping the process streamlined and simple, we’ll even waive your insurance premium while we are paying you a monthly benefit
- Generally, premiums you pay for your policy can be claimed as a tax deduction
- Extra 5% discount if you also have an Ezicover Life Insurance policy
- Extra 5.7% discount for premiums paid annually
- A single $500 payment once your claim ends
- Premium waived whilst on claim
- You are covered world-wide 24/7. Exclusions apply^
Income Protection in Australia
Perception vs Reality#
How long will your rainy day money last?*
29% of those surveyed would only have savings to meet their expenses for 1 month
How much do you think it costs?
ONLY COSTS 1-3%
of your income#
not 5-10% which is commonly perceived*
Small price to pay for peace of mind#
of your income now can
COVER UP TO 75%
of your income in the future*
Frequently Asked Questions
Ezicover Income Protection can pay you a monthly benefit if due to injury and / or sickness you are disabled and unable to work for longer than the waiting period.
Call Zurich to receive a claims form on 1800 025 015.
Benefit payments, for all valid claims, are made monthly, with the first payment commencing 15 days after the waiting period ends, helping you better manage your expenses. Benefits under this policy are payable to you, the policy owner.
Zurich will not pay a benefit or claim if your disablement occurs as a direct or indirect result of:
- an intentional self-inflicted act or attempted suicide
- uncomplicated pregnancy or childbirth
- unemployment for reasons other than sickness or injury
- an act of war, whether declared or not
- your committing, being involved in or attempting to commit a criminal offence or the use of illegal illicit substances
- you being incarcerated or lawfully detained
- elective surgery (including cosmetic surgery) unless you are disabled for more than 90 days
- Cancer, Stroke or Heart attack in the first 90 days of the start or reinstatement of the policy
- any sickness or injury which is the direct or indirect result of elective or donor transplant surgery within six months of the start or reinstatement of the policy
- events occurring during travel in countries outside Australia, if the Australian government has advised against travel to that country at the time of starting the trip. Visit www.dfat.gov.au/travel for more information
- any other condition/exclusion agreed with you at time of application, specifically noted on your Policy schedule.
No. Redundancy or loss of job that is not a result of sickness or injury is not covered.
You can apply at any time to:
- increase or decrease cover
- change your smoking status from smoker to non-smoker
- change the waiting period
- opt in or out of Inflation protection
- request a Premium holiday or Reducing income feature
- change the benefit period
- reinstate cover after cover has lapsed subject to approval.
You must submit a signed written request to us if you want to make a change to the policy. In order to consider your request, we may ask for further information. If we agree, we will confirm any changes in writing. Only an authorised member of our staff can agree to change or waive any condition of the policy.
Your policy ends on the first of any of the following events to occur:
- the policy anniversary following your 65th birthday
- the non-payment of any premium within 30 days of its due date
- on receipt of your written notification to terminate the policy
- your death.
Want to know more?
*Source: Income protection gaps: a rising global challenge, Zurich/Smith School, University of Oxford, November 2015.
#Premium is dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to, your gender, age, income, occupation, cover amount, waiting period and benefit period. Source: https://www.finder.com.au/monthly-cost-of-income-protection
^Cover 24 hours a day, seven days a week, world wide - with the exception of countries where the Australian government has advised against travel to that country at the start of your trip