11 - Quality Management & Quality Control
Quality Management Systems are an important measure to ensure the quality and safety of products. They include industry specific procedures for consistent handling of all development, production and logistic steps with comprehensive internal and external auditing. A certified quality management system is a significant advantage in comparison with competitors. Today industry specific management system certifications are considered as requirements for product and component delivery. In many cases also authorities require specific certifications for approvals.
What do we look for?
- No or inadequate quality systems when they are required or helpful to ensure quality and safety of a product
- Unverified and not well known analytical instruments and methodologies used for quality control
- Inadequate documentation of quality and safety relevant processes.
- Comprehensive industry specific quality management system which covers all areas of the company
- Total Quality Management system or aspects in the management system.
- Regular internal and external auditing.
- Good resources for quality management review.
Risk improvement ideas
- Implement an industry specific management system covering all quality and safety relevant aspects of product creation.
- Include specific safety and safety review aspects in the existing quality management system.