06 - Impact of Chemical, Biological and Other Releases
Release of hazardous materials and agents (chemicals, biological, radiation etc.) in physical proximity of sensitive neighbors can result in property damage and/or bodily injuries including fatalities. This can be a potential source of significant liability risks to a business.
What do we look for?
- Hazardous materials and/or agents with high release potential on the premise.
- Proximity to neighbors, including downwind exposure.
- Inadequate protection.
- No to limited hazardous materials and/or agents with no to low release potential on premise.
- Adequate separation to neighbors with no to limited downwind exposure.
- Adequate protection.
- Reduce quantities of hazardous materials on premises or used in processes.
- Implement an effective preventive maintenance and emergency response procedures.