This claims form is a writeable PDF. Download the claim form and complete your details. You can 'save as' a copy or print it out and attach your signature prior to submitting your claim.
Please send your completed claim forms to your broker or directly to us.
By email: email@example.com
By post: PO Box 44 Melbourne VIC 3001
In the event of an incident with your commercial craft, you should:
1. Take all reasonable steps to minimise any further loss or damage
2. Immediately notify your Insurance Broker. Please ensure you note the details of the incident including:
In the event of a collision or grounding, it will assist with understanding the situation/circumstances of the accident.
3. Complete the claim form below.
Please note: if there is no damage to your vessel but there is loss, damage, injury or expense to a third party, please refer to the marine liability claims section.
4. The following documents will need to be provided together with the claim form. We do not require the originals unless specifically requested.
5. Inform your local maritime authority for incidents on the water and the police for any loss involving theft and vandalism.
6. Send completed claim form and relevant documents to your broker or directly to us.
You should not, without our prior written consent, incur any expense in making good any loss or damage (other than to minimise any further loss).
Depending on the size or type of loss we may appoint a surveyor to inspect the goods and gather information. In the event that we do appoint a surveyor, the documentation requested above should be made available to them as this will assist in the handling of your claim.