April 20, 2020
April 20, 2020 | Broker News
How Zurich is supporting Brokers to protect their SME customers' property
- Increased temporary removal and unoccupancy cover
- Risk management guides for building closures
In response to the changing work environment and economic disruption caused by COVID-19, Zurich will assess SME Business Package Customer claims based on the following variations to our standard cover. Whilst not reflected in the policy wordings or amended by endorsement, these variations are:
– An increase in the percentage allowable for the temporary removal of contents from the insured premises as a reflection of company assets being removed and used at employees’ homes. The benefit will be increased from 20% to 50%.
– In the event of a premises being unoccupied as a result of COVID-19, Zurich will extend the 90-day unoccupancy clause to 180 days with no increase to premium or excess.
– Recognition of Gross Profit and Business Interruption complexity. We will adjust for normal trading activities in recognising the complexity of Business Interruption Indemnity period and co-insurance clauses.
These variations will apply to claims occurring on and after 11 March 2020 until 30 June 2020.
When customers are forced to close their business or operate in a limited way, our business closure guides provide general advice on how to protect a building during this time. Each guide includes risk control measures and site closure checklists.
This guidance is from a risk management perspective. For specific queries relating to insurance cover, please contact our underwriters or distribution team directly.
Fast Claims Settlement
Lodging claims electronically gets an even faster turnaround time for your Customers. Hear from our Head of Customer for Zurich Claims, Gavin Gibson who talks about this and how Zurich is helping Brokers and Customers.
Zurich’s Priority Settlement Service aims to have small property claims settled within 24-48 hours and our Priority Repair Service for motor continues to be used by customers across the country. You can track claims online anytime through Z Track.