At Zurich, we understand the complexities of investment management, the ever increasing regulatory environment and the potential exposure faced by an investment manager. And, importantly, we understand that the pressure to perform for clients creates enormous demands upon an investment manager’s time.
Zurich releases Companion policy in response to the Bridgecorp Decision
Designed to address concerns raised by the Bridgecorp decision by the NZ High Court in September 2011, Zurich have developed the Companion ISIS Defence Costs and Expenses Insurance policy for the New Zealand and Australian insurance market.
As an accompaniment to the traditional Zurich ISIS policy, the Companion policy provides comfort that a dedicated limit of liability for defence costs and other expenses will be available when a statutory charge prevents payment under the traditional policy.
Find details of Zurich's response to the Bridgecorp Decision here.
Our Investment Structures Insurance Solution has been developed to meet these complex requirements in an effective and efficient manner, with broad cover, an expanded risk appetite and competitive pricing.
We can provide five primary insuring clauses bundled in any combination with limits either shared or separated between five insuring clauses:
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Company Reimbursement
- Entity Securities
- Professional Liability
Market-leading professional liability cover includes:
- creation, operation and management of any investment structure
- funds managed under mandate
- marketing of investment structures or mandates
- portfolio management and asset allocation services
- professional supervision
- administration, custodial or registry services
- responsible entity or trustee services
Extremely broad crime cover includes:
- internal (employee related) crime
- external (third party related crime) including:
- fraudulent alteration
- computer fraud.
A broad risk appetite
Preferred classes of asset managers:
- equity/fixed interest/diversified fund managers
- fund of funds managers
- venture capital fund managers
- asset allocation consultants
- research houses.
Classes quoted on a case by case basis:
- private equity fund managers
- property/infrastructure fund managers
- hedge fund managers.
Classes usually declined:
- mortgage fund managers
- agriculture fund managers.
When experience counts
Zurich has a depth of experience through our specialised financial institutions underwriting and claims teams. We will provide support and advice to you, that will deliver superior solutions for your investment managers covering:
- specialised underwriting
- tailored solutions for complex risks
- experienced claims team for superior service
- financial security
- global strength.
Like to know more?
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the files in the table below.
Please click on the arrows to view the documents below.