This Advice was last issued on Monday, 05 January 2015. This advice contains new information in the Summary and under Safety and security (on 3 January 2015, the US Government warned of a potential threat against US-associated hotels and banks in Surabaya) and under Entry and exit (Indonesian immigration staff may refuse entry to Indonesia to Australians with a criminal record). We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Indonesia, including Bali, at this time due to the high threat of terrorist attack.
This Advice was last issued on Tuesday, 06 January 2015. This advice contains new information in the Summary and under Entry and exit (India will no longer issue medical visas to Australians planning to commission surrogacy who reside in Australian states/territories where overseas commercial surrogacy is illegal) and Safety and security (information of mid-December 2014 indicates that militants may be planning attacks against upmarket hotels in Mumbai. However, the information was still under investigation). We continue to advise Australians to exercise a high degree of caution in India overall because of the high threat of terrorist activity, civil unrest and crime and the high rate of vehicle accidents.
International /Overseas Travel Insurance
If you are eligible for the International/Overseas Travel Insurance issued by Zurich and available under your Bank’s credit or debit card, please note the following:
- Cancellation of travel due to an increased threat of terrorist activities is not covered under the insurance; and
- any event caused by or arising from any act of terrorism is specifically excluded from being covered.
Additional Information for travellers under the Credit & Debit Card Insurance programmes
- Please note that the above information must be read in conjunction with the relevant credit or debit card insurance booklet.
- Copies of the relevant credit or debit card insurance booklets can be obtained from your card provider or from the Zurich website.
- For general enquiries phone Zurich on 1800 648 093.