Home Removals Insurance
Are you planning a move? If you are using professional removalists to help you get into your new home faster, you can cover your household goods with comprehensive door-to-door insurance.
Moving house is considered by many to be one of life’s most stressful situations. The pressure is heightened when the move is to a different country.
We can help you take some of the stress away by providing one of the most comprehensive home removals insurance solutions.
Our home removals insurance has been designed to cater for every level of cover and budget. You can cover your household goods and personal effects while in transit and also while in storage - providing seamless protection for precious goods and personal effects.
This policy is suitable for:
- Families or individuals moving within Australia
- Families or individuals moving from anywhere in Australia to selected destinations overseas.
How to apply
Benefits include an optional excess, all risks cover, even if owner-packed (provided you use a professional removalist), and most importantly new for old replacement for all items regardless of age.
- Cover can be extended to insure goods and personal effects in storage at a carrier’s premises for periods nominated by you
- Cover may be extended to include motor vehicles, motor cycles and caravans
- No excess payable for loss or damage caused by a defined event listed under Silver cover
- Policy includes cover for general average sacrifice, salvage charges and up to 10 per cent of the sum insured for storage and onforwarding costs.
Different levels of cover
Zurich offer three cover options from specified events to all risks cover, catering to all needs and budgets.
Loss of or damage to goods directly caused by fire, explosion, lightning, flood, collision of conveying vehicle, overturning, jackknifing. Derailment, damage by sea water, grounding, sinking, capsizing, jettison.
Accidental loss or damage to your goods. Additional benefits of delayed unpacking up to 30 days after delivery at destination and temporary accommodation costs up to $100 per day for up to 30 days.
Accidental loss or damage to your goods. Additional benefits of delayed unpacking up to 60 days after delivery at the destination and temporary accommodation costs up to $100 per day for up to 60 days.
We will also pay the reasonable costs for loss of registered software following an insured event to a maximum any one item of $300 and $2,000 in total.
We will also pay for damage to electronic equipment following mechanical, electrical or electronic breakdown or malfunction where there is no external evidence that an insured event has occurred up to $25,000
We will pay the replacement value of an entire pair or set when only one item in that pair or set has been damaged by an insured peril up to $25,000 any one even.
Type: pdf (715Kb)
Effective date: 31 August 2013