Marine liability insurance claims
If you are insured by a Zurich legal liability wording, or under a third party liability section of a Zurich policy wording and an incident occurs, you should:
- Immediately notify your insurance broker.
- Forward any written complaint from the third party holding you liable for any loss, damage, injury or expense detailing the nature and circumstances of the incident.
- Note the details of the incident including:
- Dates and times
- Names and contacts details of any witnesses
- A diagram of the scene
- Photographs of the scene, if possible
- Copy of any accident/incident report/statutory notice.
- Complete the appropriate claim form.
- Send the third party complaint and supporting material to your broker or directly to us.
In order to assess your claim we need to be given every reasonable opportunity to investigate the incident and establish the facts and cause. This may involve us appointing a surveyor/investigator who will assist with establishing the circumstances of the loss. Your co-operation with them is appreciated as this will assist in the handling of your claim.
Note: It is important that you do not admit liability without our written consent or take any action that could be considered an admission of liability, as this may prejudice your claim.
These claims forms are writeable PDFs. Download the relevant claim form and complete your details online. You can 'save as' a copy or print it out and attach your signature prior to submitting your claim.
Please send your completed claim forms to your broker or directly to us.
By email: email@example.com
By post: PO Box 44 Melbourne VIC 3001
To download PDF files you need Adobe Acrobat Reader (new window).