Motor Fleet Insurance
Protecting your business vehicles and trucks
Zurich Motor Fleet Insurance is designed for medium to large enterprises and protects a wide range of commercial vehicles against certain losses. Losses include theft, own damage and third party property damage along with several other additional benefits.
Vehicles that fall under a business fleet may include the business owner’s personal cars, business use vehicles driven by senior management and sales representatives, light commercial vehicles, delivery vehicles including heavy transport and plant and equipment.
A company vehicle off the road due to theft or accident is an inconvenience and can quickly mean disruption and costs for a business. Having insurance means having someone to look after the whole process from end to end. Zurich is committed to delivering consistently outstanding claims service in the event of a loss to get the vehicle back on the road as quickly as possible.
Zurich’s strength in Motor Fleet Insurance is further compounded by our highly regarded Risk Engineering services. Our Risk Engineers will review your fleet risk management controls to determine if they adequately respond to the inherent exposures. The desired outcome is implementing sustainable measures to reduce losses, protect drivers, help ensure vehicles are a safe extension of your workplace and keep your business moving.
Please review the Zurich Motor Fleet Insurance Product Disclosure Statement for full details of the cover provided, including the policy wording, extensions, excesses and exclusions.
For fleets of less than 10 vehicles, please refer to our Commercial Motor Insurance.
How to apply
Zurich's claims service
An outstanding claims service is vital to get your vehicles back on the road following an incident. The Zurich claims team ensures that your vehicles are repaired quickly, using quality parts with minimal disruption to your business.
As part of our claims service for Motor Fleet Insurance we offer:
- Specialist claims staff for sedan, light and heavy commercial vehicles
- Dedicated claims officers and backup support teams
- Choice of repairer
- Only genuine manufacturers parts used in the repair process
- Assistance in recovering any uninsured losses (eg excess, demurrage etc)
- Vehicles assessed and repairs authorised within 24 hours
- Specialised national assessing network
- Zurich can also manage claims ground up or within an Aggregate Deductible.
- Risk Assessment: Our team of risk engineers can review your fleet management systems for gaps and areas of improvement.
- Z Fleet Navigator: a secure web-based claims reporting, analysis tool, designed to assist you with identifying incident-type frequency losses, cost analysis, trends. Read our Z fleet navigator flyer (pdf 755 kb).
- Virtual Risk Manager: a unique web-based driver safety management system, designed to assist you to manage your occupational road risk and promote a crash-free culture within your organisation. Read our Virtual Risk Manager flyer (pdf 194 kb), and the Motor Fleet Risk Assessment flyer (pdf 119 kb).
- Fatigue Risk Management: to assist you with developing your own specific operational fatigue exposures. Read our Fatigue Management flyer (pdf 1.1 Mb).
- Managed Claims: Zurich can manage claims on your behalf when you elect to take the Aggregate option.
- Riskfeatures.com: A web-based tool that provides insight into the main risk factors that are assessed by our risk engineers, including the many positive physical protections and management controls that can be used to remove, reduce or control these risks.
- Zurich Fleet Intelligence: Zurich has partnered with certain telematic providers to provide a cost effective integrated telematic service that is linked to Virtual Risk Manager to provide user friendly reporting metrics.