Zurich offers an insurance solution tailored to suit the individual circumstances of companies that hire ships to carry their cargo or conduct their marine operations.
Charterers are exposed to liability for damage to vessels, cargo, port infrastructure, personal injury and pollution. Our liability package is designed to provide cover for the contractual obligations and liability exposures faced by the charterers of vessels. Specific protection includes legal liabilities to the vessels or cargo owner for loss or damage and for third party liabilities faced by charterers arising from the operation of chartered vessels.
Zurich's Charterers' Liability covers:
- Damage to chartered vessel
- Damage to third party property such as wharfs and docks
- Damage to cargo
- Personal injury
- General average and salvage.
How to apply
- Easy to understand plain English wording
- First class claims and advisory services
- Specialist charterers' risk management expertise.