Carriers Cargo Liability Insurance
This product is for small to medium carriers with gross freight earnings over $5M. If your gross freight earnings up to $5M, please see our Carriers Cargo Liability Product for small to medium business.
Carriers Cargo Liability Insurance protects the carrier who operates using approved consignment notes or other contracts of carriage against their liability, in terms of these contracts, for loss or damage to their customers’ goods or livestock.
This cover is a relatively inexpensive way for the carrier who manages their risk contractually to protect them.
- Cover for delay, loss of market, consequential loss cover up to the full sum insured and not a sub-limit
- Removal of debris $50,000
- Agreed legal costs in addition to the sum insured
- Optional extension to cover the liability of the carrier's subcontractors when working for the carrier.
How to apply
Zurich's Carriers Cargo Liability:
- Is an inexpensive option for risk management
- Has no need to declare number of trips
- Is based on estimated gross freight earnings adjusted annually.