Home Removals Insurance
This policy is suitable for corporate customers arranging staff transfers from Australia to selected destinations overseas.
We can help you take some of the stress away from your employees by providing one of the most comprehensive home removals insurance solutions.
You can cover your employee's household goods and personal effects while in transit and also while in storage - providing seamless protection for precious goods and personal effects.
How to apply
- Optional excess
- All risks cover, even if owner-packed (provided you use a professional removalist)
- New for old replacement for all items regardless of age
- Cover can be extended to insure goods and personal effects in storage at a carrier’s premises for periods nominated by you
- Cover may be extended to include motor vehicles, motor cycles and caravans
- No excess payable for loss or damage caused by a defined event listed under Silver cover
- Policy includes cover for general average sacrifice, salvage charges and up to 10 per cent of the sum insured for storage and onforwarding costs.
What is covered
There are three cover options from specified events to all risks cover, catering to all needs and budgets.
Loss of or damage to goods directly caused by fire, explosion, lightning, flood, collision of conveying vehicle, overturning, jackknifing. Derailment, damage by sea water, grounding, sinking, capsizing, jettison.
Accidental loss or damage to your goods. Additional benefits of delayed unpacking up to 30 days after delivery at destination and temporary accommodation costs up to $250 per day for up to 60 days.
Accidental loss or damage to your goods. Additional benefits of delayed unpacking up to 60 days after delivery at the destination and temporary accommodation costs up to $250 per day for up to 60 days.
We will also pay the reasonable costs for loss of registered software following an insured event to a maximum any one item of $500 and $2,500 in total.
We will also pay for damage to electronic equipment following mechanical, electrical or electronic breakdown or malfunction where there is no external evidence that an insured event has occurred up to $25,000
We will pay the replacement value of an entire pair or set when only one item in that pair or set has been damaged by an insured peril up to $25,000 any one even.
Type: pdf (801Kb)
Effective date: 31 August 2015