Goods in Transit Insurance
Goods in transit insurance is an annual cover where premium is based on the value of goods in transit, at the insured’s risk, during the policy period. It is the simplest and most convenient way to cover the insured’s inland transit risks.
Either all risks of loss or damage or defined events for goods or death by natural and accidental causes or accidental causes only for livestock can be covered.
How to apply
- Wide transit cover - from when goods are first moved for transit until last moved at destination.
- Debris removal up to $50,000
- Delayed unpacking - discovery of transit damage up to 90 days after delivery
- No disposal or sale of branded goods without Insured's consent
- Cover for goods in transit to and from packers' premises and for up to one month while goods are held there
- Companies acquired under the policy.
- Choice of cover between all risks of loss or damage to goods (or death of livestock) and major nominated perils.
- Most convenient method to cover inland transits or exports to FOB point.